YOUR TIME IS LIMITED
DON’T WASTE IT
Welcome to the first neurology and functional medicine-based program specifically designed for business executives, thought leaders, high-level professionals, and business owners. Brain Tune Up! The Executive’s Healthy Brain Toolbox. Together we will help you identify brain illness risks and optimize your body and mind for the highest level of personal and professional output. Utilizing the latest testing combined with the unique blend of neurology and functional medicine you cannot find anywhere else in the country.
Step 1: Read Program Outline Below Thoroughly. Understand the services, treatments, schedule, and costs of the program.
Step 2: Schedule a FREE 15-minute telephone consultation with our program coordinator Callie Maggard who will explain how the program could be a good fit for you and answer any questions you may have.
The Ultimate Competitive Edge – Your Brain’s Health
I have two decades of experience treating multitudes of patients suffering from a variety of neurological diseases. Over time I became frustrated by the traditional medical approach. Too often individuals are labeled with disabling conditions for which they are told the cause is unknown, there is no way to reverse course, and treatment consists of a drug or drugs that must be taken on an indefinite basis. Conventional medicine removes hope as we watch the vitality of high functioning individuals slowly slip away. I knew the toolbox had to be bigger. While I recognized the value of medication, I also know there were things I could do to help them address the root causes of their disease. This is when I decided to start my own private neurology and functional medicine practice, and develop Brain Tune Up!, a neurology-based functional medicine approach that allows my patients to identify and address the root causes of the conditions that affect them
Brain Tune Up! Executive’s Healthy Brain Toolbox Benefits
While results may very from patient to patient, the majority of my previous patients enjoyed the following benefits as a result of my advanced treatment program.
- A place where executives feel comfortable talking about their health and lifestyle.
- Improved overall fitness, diet, and health habits.
- A Team approach: Work with the best professional for each focus area.
- Utilize comprehensive, science-based personalized and precision medicine-based methodologies to optimizing brain health.
- Prevent and reduce stress, increase resilience, and promote emotional well-being.
- Help Improve focus, sleep better, and boost energy.
- Identify risk and risk reduction strategies when it comes to degenerative and autoimmune diseases affecting the brain.
- More confidence in decision making.
WHY EXECUTIVE BRAIN HEALTH?
The Executive’s Healthy Brain Toolbox – The Future of Specialized Wellness for the Brain
As a busy professional whose expertise is under constant demand your greatest asset is your brain. A report that appeared recently in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control indicated that executive workers may face an unexpected occupational risk: increased mortality from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Parkinson’s disease. Additional consistently reported risk factors include increasing age and male sex. For the first time, there is a destination to find the answers you are looking for to maintain a long and productive career by helping to ensure consistent brain health and performance, and reducing the risk of neurodegenerative disease. Within my program we give you the tools need to achieve these goals.
As we built on our successes we recognized the demand to help individuals who want to make a commitment to long term brain health. The influencers and thought leaders of our society have so much to contribute, and need to have a place they can come for personal care and growth so that they can maintain and nurture their gifts for as long as humanly possible. Brain Tune Up! provides the tools to not only improve health in the short term, but to gain knowledge and skills that will support resilient brain health on a trajectory far into the future. I encourage you to take my survey below, schedule a complimentary Brain Tune Up! consultation, and find out what we can do for you.
Below is an outline of Brain Tune Up! The Complete Program. Giving you the program overview and what you will receive if you choose to join this program. Program costs and enrollment forms follow this section.
Brain Tune Up! The Complete Program
This is a comprehensive medical review of your condition, your presenting symptoms and current concerns, diagnostic tests and test results, treatments and treatment experiences. A complete neurological examination will be performed. This allows Neurologist Dr. Ken Sharlin to have an “anchoring point” to begin your functional medicine journey.
You will also meet with Cāllie Maggard, Brain Tune Up! Program Coordinator, to answer any questions about your intensive experience and make sure you are fully briefed on your schedule for the two days you spend with us. Over these two days you will receive:
- Laboratory Testing – Targeted laboratory investigations selected by Dr. Sharlin to personalize your functional medicine experience will be obtained when you arrive in the morning. In general, these laboratory studies require that you arrive at the clinic in a fasted state. Please hydrate well! In some cases, you may also be asked to bring your first morning void of urine (a specimen cup will be provided).
- Consultation with Dr. Sharlin – Expect to spend approximately 75 minutes with Dr. Sharlin. Prior to your visit, you will be asked to complete a private, secure cloud-based questionnaire which will be the basis for your discussion with Dr. Sharlin. You will have plenty of time to complete this questionnaire before your visit to Sharlin Health and Neurology. Please allow 2-3 hours. The goal of this part of your visit is to gain a deeper understanding of the factors that uniquely contribute to your condition and have keep you on your current trajectory. Together with Dr. Sharlin you will start to uncover your areas of greatest imbalance. This is your functional medicine timeline and matrix. You will receive a copy of your timeline and functional medicine matrix to take home.
- Lifestyle Specialist Consultations – As part of your comprehensive evaluation and path toward success you will meet with each of the Brain Tune Up! Professional team members. Dr. Sharlin has hand-picked his team based their track record of success. They will help to highlight your areas of greatest need while providing you with a launching point for success in each of the focus areas. You will receive specific recommendations which may be in the form of printed material, audio, or video recordings that you will bring home with you to continue your practice. You may also be provided with a cutting-edge device from Heartmath that is yours to keep.
- Angela Jenkins, R.D., 20 years of experience in clinical nutrition consultation
- Merry Yeager, B.A., L.M.T. specializing in Emotion Code, Heartmath, Massage Therapy, and Health Education.
- Amy Gordin, Licensed Physical Therapist and Personal Trainer specializing in functional movement and fitness.
- Chuck Renner, O.T.R., owner of Advantage Therapy, specializing in manual and adjunctive therapies for chronic pain and biomechanical imbalances.
- Exclusive Access To Nutraceuticals – Practitioner-exclusive pharmaceutical grade nutraceuticals are used in Brain Tune Up! A core selection of these products have been specifically chosen to work with the Brain Tune Up! protocol, and will be provided to you as part of your visit to Sharlin Health and Neurology. Additional supplements may be purchased, if desired, from the clinic. Dr. Sharlin will create an account for you in Fullscript, and future supplement needs can be fulfilled through this service and delivered directly to your home.
Concluding Your Initial Two Day Neurological Evaluation
Dr. Sharlin and his entire team of specialists want to make sure your visit to the clinic has been truly rewarding and you are armed with the tools you need for lasting change. The conclusion of this will consist of a brief review with Cāllie Maggard, Brain Tune Up! Program Coordinator, so that you are scheduled for your next steps with us.
You will be scheduled for follow up approximately 3-4 weeks after your visit to Sharlin Health and Neurology. In preparation for this visit you will receive a copy of your test results. If you live within a 3-hour drive from Ozark, Missouri, it is Dr. Sharlin’s preference to visit with you in person. However, because many of our patients come from a far distance it is possible to visit by telephone, Facetime, or Skype. During your follow up, Dr. Sharlin will go over your laboratory test results and your lifestyle specialist recommendations. Based on your results and your progress he will provide specific recommendations to assist you toward your goal. Upon the conclusion of your visit (within 1 week) these recommendations will be provided in writing to you, and in some cases additional audio or video recordings may also be prepared to assist you on your journey.
Diving Deeper Into Your Personalized Plan
IFM-certified neurologist Dr. Ken Sharlin will dive deeper into your personalized plan over the next 5 to 7 months. This plan is based on your condition, and your specific areas of imbalance identified in your timeline, matrix, and laboratory testing. You can expect to receive the following over this course of time:
- Meetings With Dr. Sharlin – Five (5) one-on-one visits with neurologist Dr. Ken Sharlin.
- Brain Tune Up! Labs – Follow up Brain Tune Up! labs. We repeat the key laboratory studies that were imbalanced at baseline so that we can track your progress and make strategic adjustments. At additional cost, further laboratory testing is optional, and will be discussed with you before ordering.
- Focused Speciality Meetings – Two and a half hours in each of the Brain Tune Up! Focus Areas:
- Functional Nutrition (2 1/2hrs)
- Mind-Body Medicine (2 1/2hrs)
- Manual Therapy (2 1/2hrs)
- Personal Training Sessions – our (4) personal training sessions aimed at improving movement, strength, and mobility at Sessions Fitness.
- Supplement Bank – $800 in pharmaceutical grade supplements (retail value), chosen by Dr. Sharlin, as the key supplements you need to heal your brain.
- Heartmath – Included in your Brain Tune Up! experience. You will receive this cutting-edge technology to optimize your brain, reduce your stress, improve focus, and help you attain better sleeping habits.
- The Living Matrix – Access to the Living Matrix which infuses the power of modern technology into the functional medicine timeline and functional medicine matrix.
- Outcome Tracking – A variety of outcome tracking tools are used to help make sure you are getting the results you want.
- Food Plan – The Brain Tune Up! food plan includes all educational materials, recipes, and weekly planners.
- Brain Tune Up! Community – Access to our private Facebook page, moderated by Dr. Sharlin, where all members can share experiences and ideas, including key articles to broaden your education in functional medicine.
- Loved Ones – Your spouse or partner can accompany you to all Brain Tune Up! visits. We want you to be successful and the best way to accomplish that goal is for your life-partner to be there with you.
Program Investment: $7,000
When you participate in Brain Tune Up! The Complete Program you are making an investment in you. Many people ask why we are not able to accept insurance for our functional medicine program? It is because the current healthcare system is designed for the diagnosis and management of illness, not the care of a unique person. (You.) It does not consider the time involved in our approach. (We take much longer than your usual doctor appointment.) It is not set up to evaluate the factors that contribute to why we get sick in the first place. (It focuses on making the diagnosis, not exploring the causes.) Unfortunately, functional medicine approaches cannot be translated into the rules practitioners are required to follow in an insurance-based economy to make sure their services are reimbursed. In short, we could not be paid for our efforts, and as a result we could not have a program to help you.
At Sharlin Health and Neurology we ask you to do something difficult when it comes to seeing a doctor. We ask you to pay for your care, and this is something most of us are not accustomed to doing up front. But for anyone who has used our current healthcare system for tests, hospitalizations, and emergency room visits, or to purchase medications, visit a specialist, and go to rehab therapy you know that even with insurance healthcare has a high out-of-pocket cost. There are deductibles, copays, and limits to coverage that add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars in a lifetime. In reality, the cost of Brain Tune Up! is less than 1% of what a couple who retires today can expect to pay for healthcare, and this does not include the cost of long term care.
Dr. Sharlin has earned the trust of thousands of patients and professional colleagues over the years. He can help you. Brain Tune Up! is a proven system. The program cost is $7,000. For your investment, you will receive all the services outlined above this section, and because you are investing in your health it is our aim to lower the cost of your future healthcare needs. In effect, Brain Tune Up! has the potential to pay for itself many times over.
We know that normal working people want to participate in Brain Tune Up! To make the program accessible to everyone Dr. Sharlin has partnered with a company called Advance Care. This is a secure, free, on-line paperless application process that will give you instant feedback. Through Advance Care you will have the opportunity to spread out the cost of the program over 6 or 12 payments interest free. If you choose to extend your payments beyond this point you only pay interest on the remaining balance.
From Dr. Sharlin, “I sincerely hope you join us for this life-changing experience.”
This Plan is for You…
- If you are looking for more than a pill.
- If you are looking for someone with the right qualifications: A medical school graduate (M.D.) with experience in direct patient care, a state license to practice medicine, and certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (APBN).
- If you want a doctor who knows how to address the root causes of disease, not just treat the symptoms or manage the disease.
- If you want a doctor who has ability to integrate traditional medical care and all of its tools with the skills and mindset of functional medicine.
- If you want a doctor who makes your personalized care the ultimate goal.