Below is an outline of Brain Tune Up! The Complete Program. Giving you the program overview and what you will receive if you choose to join this program. Program costs and enrollment forms follow this section.
The Brain Tune Up!, developed by Neurologist Dr. Ken Sharlin, is a protocol that combines the principles of neurology and functional medicine to both treat and help prevent chronic illnesses related to neurological disease.
Brain Tune Up! Intensive is a comprehensive functional neurology program, not a “one-off” visit to the doctor. Brain Tune Up! utilizes the tools of functional medicine, including The Functional Medicine Timeline, The Functional Medicine Matrix, Therapeutic Lifestyle Medicine, advanced laboratory testing, pharmaceutical-grade supplementation, Cutting-edge Technology, and a team of specialists who have the knowledge and experience to guide you on your journey.
Brain Tune Up! Program Benefits
While results may vary from patient to patient, the majority of my previous Brain Tune Up! patients enjoyed the following benefits as a result of my treatment program.
- Sharper Memory
- More Energy
- Reduced Tingling
- Pain Reduction
- Improved Vision
- Return To Activities
- Increased Strength
- Generally Less Stress
- Improved Sleep
- Less Depression
- Healthy Weight Loss
- Ability To Get Out Of Bed
- Increased Appetite
- Generally Less Fear
- Fewer Headaches
2 out of every 10 patients I see have been incorrectly diagnosed with chronic illnesses. My program gives you the time needed with a licensed neurologist to correctly pinpoint your illness and most importantly it’s root cause.
Brain & Nervous System
Those who are currently suffering from chronic conditions affecting the brain and nervous system who would like to change the trajectory of their condition by identifying and then treating the problem at the root cause level.
Biohacking & Genomics
Those who want to utilize advanced testing and genomics to identify their potential chronic illness susceptibility and learn the foundational tools that may dramatically decrease the probability of developing chronic illnesses.
Brain Tune Up! Program Outline
Pre-Visit: Conference call with Cāllie
Cāllie will collect a brief history of the problem that your chief concern. If your records and insurance information can be sent to the clinic it will allow us to plan ahead if any additional testing/evaluation might need to be done (i.e., MRI Brain with NeuroQuant, lumbar puncture for Alzheimer’s biomarkers, or ApoE genotyping).
Clinic Visit 1: Day 1 of 2
You arrive to clinic where you will personally meet with neurologist Dr. Ken Sharlin for a review of your medical history, neurological physical examination, functional medicine timeline and matrix. We will draw half of the laboratories on this day.
Day 2 of 2: Team Evaluation
The second half of laboratory tests are drawn (including fasting labs). You will undergo a transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) session for neuroplasticity followed by BrainHQ or another appropriate program. You will also meet with our registered dietitian for your initial nutrition consultation and diet recommendations, and our licensed occupational therapist to evaluate neurologically-driven biomechanical imbalances. Finally, you will meet with our licensed physical therapist for your first functional movement and fitness consultation.
Clinic Visit 2: Day 1 of 2
You will personally meet with Dr. Sharlin where he will review your MRI of the brain with NeuroQuant, lumbar puncture results, and ApoE status, if applicable.
Day 2 of 2: BTU Labs
On day 2 you will review your Brain Tune Up! laboratory results. Based on your test results Dr. Sharlin will initiate a targeted nutraceutical regimen to correct imbalances in nutrients, oxidative stress markers, and inflammation. Then you will meet with our Brain Tune Up! Team, and have a tDCS session with Brain HQ review. Our nutrition specialist will introduce you to the Ketoflex 12/3 diet.
Telemedicine Visit 1: With Dr. Sharlin
Visit with Neurologist Dr. Ken Sharlin where he will review your progress in the program, including nutrition, movement, sleep quality, stress resilience practice, nutraceuticals, tDCS and BrainHQ.
Clinic Visit 3: Day 1 of 1
Dr. Sharlin will review your progress in the program, including nutrition, movement, sleep quality, stress resilience practice, nutraceuticals, tDCS and BrainHQ. You will complete a Montreal Cognitive Assessment, and have follow up with our licensed dietitian, occupation and physical therapists. Finally, follow up laboratories will be drawn to make sure all the imbalances identified have been corrected.
Telemedicine Visit 2: With Dr. Sharlin
Dr. Sharlin will review your follow up laboratories, and your progress in the program, including nutrition, movement, sleep quality, stress resilience practice, nutraceuticals, tDCS and BrainHQ. Based on your new results he will update your report, and give you final recommendations. He will showcase areas of improvement from where you began and your transformation in our Brain Tune Up! program.
Maintenance: Your Long-Term Plan
Our Brain Tune Up! program will offer you the ability to be seen by Dr. Sharlin on an annual, semi-annual, or more frequent basis. Supplements are available directly from our office or through a personal account on Fullscript. Additional support from our team all can be scheduled on an individualized basis.
- Brain Tune Up! ProtocolFeatured$8,500Complete Program
- Program is 6-8 month in length requiring 3 in-person visits over this time period to our clinic in Ozark, Missouri.
- Advanced Laboratories & Speciality Consultations with Brain Tune Up! Team
- The Living Matrix, Outcome Tracking, Food Plan, $800 Supplement Bank, and more!
- Disclaimer: please understand this program will not be covered under your health insurance policy.
- 1: “Heal the Gut,” – Draw baseline labs (micronutrients, inflammatory and antioxidant biomarkers, methylation pathway imbalance.)
- 2: Review baseline labs (address micronutrient, inflammatory, and antioxidant imbalances, optimize methylation.) Next labs: blood or saliva hormone testing.
- 3: Review hormone testing results, optimize detoxification. Draw metals testing labs.
- 4: Discuss metals testing results, optimize detoxification. Draw repeat pertinent baseline labs.
- 5: Review repeated pertinent baseline labs. Perform optional tests as indicated.
- 6: Review any optional labs. Review Brain Tune Up! / Bredesen Protocol Checklist, plan for long term maintenance.
Financing OptionWe know that normal working people want to participate in Brain Tune Up! To make the program accessible to everyone Dr. Sharlin has partnered with a company called Advance Care. This is a secure, free, on-line paperless application process that will give you instant feedback. Through Advance Care you will have the opportunity to spread out the cost of the program over 6 or 12 payments interest free. If you choose to extend your payments beyond this point you only pay interest on the remaining balance. APPLY NOW
This Plan Is For You If:
- If you suffer from multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease, migraine, fibromyalgia, epilepsy, and even Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- If you are affected by neurological symptoms like numbness, weakness, pain, fatigue, memory loss, incoordination or imbalance.
- If you are looking for more than a pill.
- If you are looking for someone with the right qualifications: A medical school graduate (M.D) with experience in direct patient care, a state license to practice medicine, and certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (APBN).
- If you want a doctor who knows how to address the root causes of disease, not just treat the symptoms or manage the disease.
- If you want a doctor who has ability to integrate traditional medical care and all of its tools with the skills and mindset of functional medicine.
- If you want a doctor who makes your personalized care the ultimate goal.
- If you are affected by brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve, or a muscle condition re-direct your life toward a trajectory of health.