The FLUENT MS Study is now CLOSED
Read on to learn more about what our aims and goals are with this study.
If You Are Living With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis, You Can Help Us Turn Research Into Progress
The FLUENT MS Study is for patients who have relapsing MS and who will begin fingolimod therapy OR have been taking fingolimod therapy for at least 2 years.
The FLUENT MS Study is a clinical trial. What is a clinical trial?
A clinical trial is a research study that can help answer key questions about a condition and its treatment. It can also uncover new questions about the condition. The condition studied in the FLUENT clinical trial is multiple sclerosis (MS).
How long is the FLUENT MS Study?
Participation lasts about a year and requires 4 blood samples to be taken at baseline (your first study visit after you qualify) and approximately 3, 6, and 12 months.
Can I take part in the FLUENT MS Study?
You may qualify if you*
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have been told by your doctor that you have relapsing MS
- Will be prescribed fingolimod OR have been on fingolimod for at least 2 years
You may NOT take part if you
- Have had certain types of heart disease, such as a heart attack or heart failure, in the last 6 months
- Have had a stroke or a transient ischemic attack, also known as a “TIA”
- Are taking certain antiarrhythmic drugs, sometimes known as heart rhythm-control drugs
Our study coordinator can tell you more about qualifying for the FLUENT MS Study (NOW CLOSED).
*Additional eligibility requirements must also be met.
What is the purpose of the FLUENT MS Study?
- The study will help determine how a medicine called fingolimod affects the immune system.
- The effect will be studied by measuring substances in the blood called biomarkers.
Why should I participate?
- Your participation may help other people like you in the future who have MS.